The Raspberry Lime Yogurt Pie is a wonderful frozen dessert.
Compared to traditional pie which takes time and effort, this recipe only requires some time for freezing (and thawing). Whereas the rest of the tasks are pretty straightforward.
What’s more is that it doesn’t have that much sugar, but it’s still sweet thanks to the natural sugar found in raspberries.
On top of all that, it has a flavor of sweet and sour that’s perfectly balanced. You’ll probably want more than a slice.
With that said, let’s bake! (or make, because we won’t use an oven for this recipe.)
Tips and Substitutions
Before anything else, thaw your Fat Free Cool Whip. This takes about 3½ hours to defrost, so it’s ideal to plan ahead. You also can’t skip this part, otherwise it’ll be cumbersome to fold it into the Raspberry Lime Yogurt Pie mixture.
Here’s the deal:
To make this recipe, it’s ideal to use an 1½ – 2 inches deep pie plate (and about 9 inches in diameter). If you’re going to use a shallower pie plate, you may have to divide the ingredients into 2. Here are the list of components divided:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 6 oz raspberries
- ¾ cup of vanilla flavored greek yogurt (it’s technically 0.6625, but that’s too complicated to measure in cooking).
- ½ container of low fat or fat free cool whip, thawed
- juice and zest of ½ lime (you can use the whole thing if you want the tangy flavor to be more robust).
Or, you can also use two shallow plates. That’s what I did, so I was able to make two pies.
Additionally, you can separate at least 8 raspberries for garnish.
If you don’t want it as a frozen pie, you can add a package of unflavored gelatin to the Raspberry Lime Yogurt Pie (during step 3). Then, place it in the fridge instead of the freezer for a minimum of 8 hours.
You don’t have to thaw your raspberries when you have a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix Blender or perhaps a Blendtec Blender. These blenders are powerful enough to crush frozen ingredients, so there’ll be more minor tasks for thawing other than the Cool Whip.
Raspberry Lime Yogurt PieCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
The Raspberry Lime Yogurt Pie is a straightforward no-bake recipe with only 6 ingredients and not much effort. It only takes about 10 – 15 minutes of active time, yet it’ll yield in at least 8 servings.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
12 oz raspberries
1⅓ cup of vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
1 low container fat or fat-free cool whip, thawed
juice and zest of 1 lime
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and coconut oil. Keep folding with a spatula until the coconut oil is thoroughly mixed in. You can use the food processor for a more straightforward job.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into your pie plate. Make sure to cover all corners. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- In a blender, place the raspberries, yogurt, lime juice, and zest. Blend at max speed for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Place the filling in a large bowl. Fold in the cool whip until thoroughly combined.
- Take your pie plate from the freezer and pour the raspberry yogurt filling. Spread evenly.
- Finally, freeze for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
- Recipe inspired by Lauren Sharifi.